Blog #4

To be honest I only downloaded Twitter for course purposes. I can't say that I know how to use it just yet. But I'm assuming that is what this exercises is trying to get us to do, become familiar with technology we don't use on an everyday bases. Twitter could be helpful in my future career simply for the fact that word can spread a lot quicker than mouth to mouth. Also, more people tend to check their social media sites before they check their emails.

Using technology is almost a necessity in today's day and age. It really helps teachers and professors in the classroom for multiple reasons. However, what about those communities or schools that aren't able to provide their students with any means of technology? Not just talking about internet and computers but what about t.v.'s, phones and the list could go on. The technology gap is few and far between and I feel as if should be addressed a little more. Without the use of technology in the classroom teaching today could be tough. Especially in the upper level grades (high school/ college). Most professors require their students to download or buy some sort of software or book for their class rooms. With no means of technology that would become very difficult for some. What I would do to prevent that is to assign books, and in class assignments.

A really good student software that I have used multiple times and I would make my students use is Pearson's. Pearson's is a very helpful program that can be used inside or outside the class room. I can remember using this program everyday, and it taught me a lot about the subject matter. Another one I would use is Penda. Penda is a helpful program that will intrigue students to learn more about math and science (what most students struggle with). The reason for these programs are that they are very helpful and go into extensive detail and walks you through the steps to solve problems.


Comments

  1. Pearson's sounds interesting ! I will check it out later. However, do keep in mind that the technology evolves very fast and if the designers and developer does not update it in a couple years, there may be some other good alternatives out there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts