Blog #6


http://www.lymeschool.org/classPages.html

 I chose The Lyme School for an example of class pages. This website isn't very appealing on the eyes, but it has a lot of useful information if my child were in this school. There are options you can chose depending on the teacher and/or class grade. Most information from elementary school levels are overviews of what was done for that day. As you move up in grade, the more information you can retrieve. For instance, the 8th grade page shows all of the worksheets and notes that were used during the week. There is no need to log on. All of the information is open to the public.

Professional development is a huge aspect when it comes to any form of teaching. Not every teacher comes out of college knowing everything there is to know about teaching. Luckily there are programs put into place to help them along the way. What used to be used a lot were conferences, or service days to where teachers would sit and listen and take notes on what they thought they could incorporate in their class. Now, technology has made it more simple. With platforms like Twitter, Diigo, Webinars and blogs, teachers are able to interact in ways they weren't able to before. I feel as if I were to use these platforms in my teaching it would not only benefit myself, but my students as well.

I really enjoyed the Virtual Reality technology. Putting these devices in the classroom would certainly allow the students to engage in what ever they were learning. Say were learning about Africa, I could place the VR on the students head and they would be able to feel a first hand experience to what it would be like. And I feel students would be more excited to learn and engage.



 

Comments

Popular Posts