Blog #2

Microsoft Word is, in my opinion, a great tool for both the student and the teacher. The student can go in and write for days and make it nice and neat for the teacher to read. Most of the time I'm using Microsoft Word is when I'm writing a required paper for a class. Other than that I don't use the program for fun. As far as my teachers go, they have mostly used it to put tests together or sheets that are need to print out that have lots of writing on them. Learning activities, homework assignments and many more are made through Microsoft Word.


Copyrights are put into place in order to give the original author their credit. That's why it is so important cite sources when writing a paper. Stealing someone elses work is a major issue with major consequences. "Fair use", however, is put into place in order for teachers to make a copy of the original work without any repercussions on whether the material is stolen. Abusing this could potentially lead to some issues. Using ideas from someone else is never a bad thing, but coming up with your own is ideal. I would teach that to my kids. Get them to think outside the box at an early age.
 

Implementations are simply plans that are put into effect. the first three issues that always come up in the classroom in my opinion are copyrighting, cyberbullying and academic honesty. The first way I would implement the copyrighting issue is so make sure each and every student knows about the problem before it becomes one. There are always going to be a few that don't understand, but that's okay, they can still be taught. Cyberbullying seems to be an ongoing thing now. Bullying in person is bad enough, but having someone you dont know tell you everything that is wrong with yourself is harsh and unneeded. I would make sure that if my students didn't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Or if you do have an issue, make sure it becomes addressed. Lastly is academic honesty. This one for me is big. You can only get so far in life by cheating. You're already in the class, you might as well learn something. I get that some may be lazy and unwilling but I don't believe in that. I would also let them know how wrong it is to do so. Making everyone's test(s) different could limit the amount of cheating that takes places in the classroom. Also drill in their head that upper level academia takes cheating very serious. You know, scare them a little bit. 





Comments

Popular Posts